We LOVE exfoliating which is why our Gentle Exfoliant has been on our product roster, well pretty much forever. But here’s why your skin will love it too.
- Exfoliating unclogs your pores by removing dead skin cells, dirt, bacteria & foreign debris that may remain on your skin after cleansing - this is vital to preventing blackheads, acne & breakouts.
- Removing these impurities from your skin & stimulating your skin through the gentle massage of exfoliation increases skin cell turnover which makes your skin healthier & brighter.
- Exfoliation allows your skin products to penetrate deeper into your skin which boosts the benefits of their ingredients & more deeply hydrates your skin.
- Exfoliating helps to stimulate collagen production which is vital to elasticity, evening skin tone & keeping your skin looking plump & young.
- Exfoliating helps to boost blood circulation. Increasing the blood circulation in your skin feeds oxygen boosted blood into your skin cells which helps to feed the skin’s surface.
- Exfoliating boosts lymphatic drainage. If you don’t know what this is, the lymphatic system helps to remove toxins & waste from your bodily tissues through the movement of fluids around your body. Exfoliating stimulates the lymphatic system thus boosting the removal of toxins from the skin on your face.
How to choose an exfoliant?
When you choose an exfoliant (we recommend our Gentle Exfoliant but the choice is obviously yours), make sure you choose one that is not rough on your skin. Exfoliants that use heavy or sharp exfoliants can actually damage the tiny and very sensitive capillaries on your face.
Also look for a product that doesn’t use microbeads / microplastics as it’s exfoliant. Whilst these are unlikely to damage your skin, they are incredibly damaging to our environment as they are too small to be filtered out by most catchment systems and so almost always end up in our waterways and oceans and therefore into the digestive systems of our wildlife who cannot distinguish them from food. xx