We have all heard of the benefits of using Aloe Vera Gel for your skin, but did you know that it is also incredibly good for promoting skin health (and overall health) from the inside out?
If you hadn't heard, here is why we love it as a little, extra health boost!
- It's an excellent source of Vitamins C, A & E, Beta-carotene, Folic Acid, Calcium & Magnesium.
- Is has soothing, anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce inflammation in your gut. Gut inflammation has been linked to numerous health issues along with many common skin conditions such as Rosacea, Psoriasis, Dermatitis & Acne.
- It contains high levels of magnesium - a vital nutrient for nerve & muscle use. Magnesium helps your body with more than 300 different enzyme reactions, including those that regulate your blood pressure.
- It can help to hydrate the intestines & bowels, leading to better functionality and a reduction in symptoms associated with conditions like Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
How to Make Aloe Vera Water at Home?
- Thoroughly wash the Aloe Vera leaf (one good sized leaf should be enough for one glass - start with a small leaf to be safe) with water.
- Pat completely dry with a clean towel.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut down the sides of the leaf, being careful around the thorns.
- Gently scrape the gel from the leaf (being very careful not to include any green or yellow parts which can make you sick). Your gel must be clear or white in colour.
- Place your gel in the blender with w cup of water and blend. For flavour, mix in your choice of dates, lemon or lime. You can also blend it straight into your favourite fruit juice, green juice or smoothie as a fantastic antioxidant booster!
PLEASE NOTE: there are many different breeds of Aloe Vera and some of them are not fit for consumption. Before you attempt to make your own Aloe Vera water at home, be SURE that you have the correct breed of plant and have consulted a physician as to the amount of AV you should be using in your recipe.
If you are not sure, please stick to store-bought AV Water until you have all the information you need to make your own AV water safely.