At Cactus Flower Skincare, we often get asked - "Why Cactus?". The answer is easy. Cactus Flower Extract and Cactus Oils are skincare's unsung secret ingredients for creating glowing, beautiful skin.
There is a lot of science we could throw at you, but in a nutshell, the active Cactus ingredients we use are a mecca for the skin...
Cactus Flower Extract:
- Is a natural anti-inflammatory, reducing redness, irritation and soothing the skin.
- Is an analgesic. Analgesics naturally reduce pain, so for skin, this produces a soothing effect.
- Is chock-full of antioxidants which feed your skin making it healthy and glowing.
- These antioxidants protect your skin from the damage caused free radicals which ultimately, slows down the ageing process.
- Just like an actual cactus, Cactus Flower Extract helps the skin to retain moisture - hydrated skin is an absolute must for preventing premature ageing.
Prickly Pear Oil / Prickly Pear Seed Oil:
- Prickly Pear Oil is ridiculously high in Essential Fatty Acids including Omega 6 & 9 which are an absolutely essential component in the skin's lipid barrier - the barrier that locks in moisture and helps protect the skin from damage and the loss of elasticity.
- It contains one of the highest concentrations of Vitamin E of any oil on the market (150% more than Argan Oil).
- It's easily absorbed into the skin and has been proven to reduce inflammation, redness and rosacea related skin issues.
- Rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, amino acids and vitamin K.
- Contains antioxidants called betalains which are the red & yellow pigments found in plants. Prickly Pear contains the highest natural concentration of betalains of any antioxidant rich superfood. These antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals preventing wrinkle formation.
- Its Vitamin K concentration brightens hyperpigmentation, dark spots and those pesky dark, under the eye circles.
- Its high linoleic acid concentration helps to achieve balance in skin, preventing sebum from hardening which in turn reduces the likelihood of blocked pores. For acne sufferers, this can be a game changer.